The law office was founded by Veljko Guberina in 1956.
From the very beginning, Guberina devoted himself to criminal law. As a young and ambitious attorney, he received, among other things, ex officio defense from the District Court in Belgrade, where he had served as an intern several years earlier.
His first defense, which received significant publicity, was in the case known as “Case on train no. 116 “. After that, he defended in many cases that have been the subject of public interest, such as Točilovac, Gutić, Assassination of the Turkish Ambassador in Belgrade, Šalinac, Group “Spider”, etc.
Guberina was one of the first Serbian defense attorneys who appeared before the Hague Tribunal (1996) in the case of Kremenović.
He defended 618 people charged with murder.
His work also influenced the changes in the criminal legislation of the former Yugoslavia, such as the defendant’s right to an attorney during the whole criminal proceedings and finally, at the end of his career, the abolition of the death penalty for which he fought throughout his working life.
Many prominent Serbian lawyers have passed through the office as associates, who brought with them the famous style of defense of Veljko Guberina.
After retiring Veljko Guberina, his grandson Vladimir Marinkov took over the officea and continued the fifty-year old tradition and high standards of work in the law office, with the constant advisory role of Guberina.
The Office still deals in criminal law, nowdays developing and expanding its activities in the area of civil, commercial, international as well as other branches of law.
The office has a rich experience in providing legal services in the field of:
- Proceedings before the Constitutional Court
- Procedures before the European Court of Human Rights
- Statutory administrative procedures
- Other procedures for the protection of guaranteed human and other rights
- Economic disputes
- Labor disputes
- Establishment of companies
- Creation of general legal acts
- Continuous provision of legal services to companies
- In-house training for employers and employees for relevant legal issues
- Legal services in the construction industry
- Legal services in the field of information technology